Wednesday, October 8, 2008

What A Wonderful Husband I Have


I came home from work on Monday to a wonderful surprise. On the counter was a dozen roses, with two small jewellery boxes tucked in between the branches.

My eyes lit up (but then my stomach sank hoping my huby didn't spend a swank of money on REAL diamonds. I opened the boxes and in each was a pair of studs. One pair was a princess cut and one pair was a round cut.

I asked him if they were real and he said yes, that he had saved up $2600. He had me convinced for a while, but finally said they were CZ (phew!!)

He decided to treat me because I was really upset last month when I lost one of my other CZ studs. I had the studs for 12 years, and I purchased them with my own money. Even though they were only 60.00 at the time, that's a lot of money to a 13 year old with no job. I had been so proud of myself for not losing them (in the many moves I have been through in the last decade) but finally while painting the bathroom......one must have slipped out of the box.

But now I have two pairs! Thanks to my babe. Hmmm...maybe I should lose my LV Poppincourt.....maybe then he'll buy me TWO replacement bags!

No comments: