Saturday, June 28, 2008

What A Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My hubby bought me a R-E-A-L Louis!

Oh my goodness! He'd been bugging me to get one (I guess he felt for some reason that I deserved one) and I kept saying no no no. Well, he got a promotion yesterday, and this morning I woke up and decided "sure" let's go spend a mortgage payment.
I drove 1 hour with a friend to get to Troy, MI and wow was I in wonderland! Summerset Mall had every store! Coach, Gucci, Betsy Johnson, Max Azria, Juicy, Tiffany's, Louis Vuitton!
Stepping into the Louis Vuitton store was undescribable. All the sales people were so posh and proper. I didn't know if I should touch anything. I have been looking for weeks for the perfect bag, and I decided it was the Popincourt Haute. I inspected it and even the smallest imperfection I found the salesperson would deem the bag unsellable, and back to the shop it would go. After weighing my options (everything looks so different in person) that's what I walked out with.
My stomach was turning when we were in the store, and I almost didn't go through with it. But I gotta say......I bet when I walked in there with my 14.99 purse from Payless, and my 6.99 flip flops from Target....they never thought they would get a sale out of me.....I felt so important.

And I know this is probably so amateurish of me but...I touched a Herve Leger dress today! The Max Azria store caught my eye just as we were walking by, and there it was....the bandage dress. I would never try one on (I could tell the sales people were already wondering why I was in that store) but to actually feel them was incredible! They had everything from his Spring 08 collection (my fav). I just stared in awe.

I also realized today that I LOVE Betsy Johnson. Her party dresses are incredible!
This shopping trip to get a Louis turned out to be so fab! I felt in a fantasy land. This mall was so huge, and the high-society women walking around was almost laughable. Oh and not to mention the gangster "wannabe" pimps buying their "ho's" something special from Gucci....laughable.

*sigh* I am off to fill my purse (then call my husband -who works out of town- to tell him that I actually went through with it.....I don't think he knows how much they ACTUALLY cost)

It was a good day :)

No comments: